• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Abscess, lip and chin went numb

  • Thread starter Thread starter JasonJ
  • Start date Start date
J

JasonJ

Junior member
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
3
I called my dentist this morning and he sent over a prescription for Amoxicillin 400mg 4x daily,
I'm about to take my second dose but now my lip, chin and part of my jaw have all gone numb. Should I be making an ER trip or is this okay? I'll be having a root canal done but I'm terrified about this numbness right now.
 
If you have an abscess it is probably the swelling that is causing the numbness. When I had an abscess my cheek felt numb before it began to swell.
 
Hi,

I think you have to get checked first. You should go to your dentist for a diagnose, otherwise it is all speculation.
 
Back
Top