• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Abscess question.....

A

Always.Anxious

Junior member
Joined
Aug 10, 2016
Messages
10
Hi all well after getting treated with antibiotics for an abscessed tooth on left bottom side and worrying as dentist has pushed appointment for extraction back until 9th September I thought things were going ok. But I got a little oral thrush from the antibiotics and felt a little bump on upper right side by the wisdom tooth I also need removing, I didn't think nothing of it as I have no pain or swelling but this morning it popped and I now know it's an abscess. I go on holiday on Thursday,I can't see my dentist till 9th and the dentist by my sisters won't see me. As I'm not in pain, have no swelling and it's draining is it safe to leave it until I go to see my dentist on the 9th? Thanks in advance xx
 
Yes as long as it is draining it shouldn't cause you any pain. It is the build up of the pus that causes the pain and discomfort.

I would ring the dentist and explain what is happening and ask if they could prescribe you some antibiotics on the understanding that you will only get the antibiotics if you end up in pain. That way you will have the meds to fight the infection if needed while you are away.:)
 
Yes as long as it is draining it shouldn't cause you any pain. It is the build up of the pus that causes the pain and discomfort.

I would ring the dentist and explain what is happening and ask if they could prescribe you some antibiotics on the understanding that you will only get the antibiotics if you end up in pain. That way you will have the meds to fight the infection if needed while you are away.:)


Thanks again carole for answering me so quick ☺ I rang my dentist and I'm just waiting for a call back. As much as I fear the dentist I'm counting down the days for these 2 teeth to be removed x
 
Back
Top