• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

abscess question

  • Thread starter Thread starter elisheva
  • Start date Start date
E

elisheva

Junior member
Joined
Dec 24, 2025
Messages
5
Location
United States
Could a sore throat be connected to my tooth abscess? About two weeks ago I developed a sore throat and I ended up going to the doctor where I was prescribed antibiotics, despite testing negative for strep. Doctor said my tonsils looked terribly swollen. The medication did help and I felt better. Now that I finished the round of antibiotics the sore throat is back. (Much less severe and it just feels like a ton of mucus). I could be way off, but I’m worried it’s connected to my abscess, which I’ve had for maybe 6 months. I’m terrified to get it taken care of, I’m also terrified to google my questions because it makes it seem like I’m about to die if I don’t drag myself to the dentist. Today my jaw has been so sore and the abscess keeps bleeding. I’ve been doing saltwater rinses too, but I just feel awful. Insight would be much appreciated
 
Back
Top