• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ache feeling in bottom big tooth

A

A196x

All of a sudden tonight my right bottom big tooth, has got this ache feeling that goes and comes it's like fews sec of relief then ache feel then few secs of relief repeat. I'm not sure why as not ate anything that would cause issues? Should it just go on it's own as I have TMJ and hope it doesn't mean that I need the tooth removed or a filling as that would make my TMJ flare! :( What's the options? Just started tonight! I drank water and there is no sensitivity or any pain change in doing that

Really can't tell you without looking. If it's still bothering you today then arrange to see your dentist.

Really can't tell you without looking. If it's still bothering you today then arrange to see your dentist.
It ended up going away which was odd as to what it was as was achey.
Gordon with your knowledge is it possible to irritate the gums by brushing? I used a new toothbrush which was quite sharp (due to it being new) instead of my usual electric toothbrush and now I have this slight irritation in the gums, I keep feeling like it’s a little sensitive.
i hope this too will go away :(

Attachments

• 612E2B45-3D90-4761-9C65-4DBF4D89CCCC.jpeg
    612E2B45-3D90-4761-9C65-4DBF4D89CCCC.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 7
Oh yes, happens a lot with new brushes. The tips of the bristles can be a bit sharp and can "skin" the gum slightly the first couple of uses.