• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Aching 4 Weeks After Filling

P

Poivrejaune

I had a filling in a top molars 4 weeks ago, it was done to replace a small filling I had done as a child which had fallen out. I was having v occasional sensitivity before it was done. The dentist said it went deeper than she thought based on the X-ray. The filling has been a bit sensitive but that has improved, but it is aching and there is a tenderness on pressure on a particular point of the tooth. The pain is only a 1 or 2 and isn't waking me up but I am getting really anxious to the point it is affecting my daily life. Does this sound like irreversible pulpitis? I tend to catastrophise and am v stressed about the thought of a RCT or an extraction and everything that means. I've made an appointment with the dentist who did it but she can't see me until next week. Thank you

No, it doesn't sound like a pulpitis, sounds more like a bite issue

Thank you, that is reassuring.

Back