• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Adult teeth wobbles and loose??

S

Stephanie221

Junior member
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
7
Help I'm 17 and my gums are red and painful (especially on the right side). I'm so stress. I use to brush irregularly until I went to the dentist and they told me I have 8 cavitys. He said I must brush better and twice a day. I have been doing that and it's the third day and my gums are SORE and red! And my teeth on the right feel wobbly and when I move my mouth or lips I can feel them like clicking and moving (like literally loose). Even when i push my tounge against them they move! On a top tooth as well, this seem to happen to the teeth with the gums that hurt the most. What do I do!!????? My dentist said the tooth that is a bit loose will tighten up once my gums are better and not puffy. But why is it when I keep brushing my teeth are getting more loose and gums are paining
Please someone help me and reply
 
Things will get better but they may feel worse first. The gums need to toughen up and get healthy then they will tighten back against the teeth.

We can get a slight gap between the tooth and gum this allows food to get in which in turn makes the teeth feel a bit lose. Once you brush the area twice a day to clean this and use floss once a day you will find your gums will start to look pink and will feel much better.

It feels as if you are making things worse but without cleaning things will get worse as your dentist said you can correct the problem by cleaning. If after doing this for 3 months things are not improving go back to the dentist and let him have a look and see if you need a deeper clean that only a hygienist or the dentist can do. You could also help by rinsing your mouth out after eating either with mouthwash, salt water or just plain water.

Teeth at times can feel lose and it drives you mad as you are saying but it doesn't last if you do as advised by the dentist. Even when the gums and everything is okay occasionally it can feel like this but it passes quickly and it is quite normal as teeth are designed to slightly move.
Three days is not long to see an improvement. Keep at it you will get there :clover::clover::clover::butterfly:
 
Thanks for the information.
im seeing a new dentist on Monday, as my gums and teeth seem to have gotten worse ever since I came back from the dentist. That dentist looked like he didnt really know what he was doing and was really rough , he even had to call his supervisor in cause he had no idea. They took two X-rays of my back teeth and didnt give me much information on whats going on and just talked behind a brick wall while I was shaking wondering what doing on. All he said was I have gingivitis and gingivitis can get worse and turn into periodontitis. He said I have gingivitis and need to brush my teeth twice a day. He even said the loose tooth will tighten up (that was the only loose tooth I detected). However, after a few days back my gums are agonising and are excruciating pain only in the right side of my mouth. The tooth next to the loose tooth is all of a sudden loose! (It the canine tooth). And as well as one of my molars with really painful gums!! Like I can't move it with my tongue but I can feel it move when I use my fingers and I can see it move. After brushing more all my gums are 2x more puffy. HOWEVER the weirdest part of this is that no blood comes out anymore when brushing my teeth? Like only a tiny bit (use to be a lot!)
just added more detail to my thread so I can hopefully can more answers
 
You might be brushing too hard in your attempt to let the gums heal. Try being light and gentle. You can damage your teeth from brushing too hard. Your gums just need some TLC :) Think of them as friends that you just want to gently massage because they're in pain!
 
Thanks for the reply kittykat :-)
yeah, at first I was brushing a bit hard and because my gums are so swollen, I probably irritated it. However I started brushing softly and actually had to swap to a soft children tooth (that's how bad the pain is). The pain is hard to handle, and I find myself moving my lips a lot and tongue and everytime I do my teeth seem to move a bit (like clicking moving). I'm so worried my teeth are gonna fall out :-(

I keep reading online about loose teeth and everything is just scaring me.. I use my finger to wobble it and I can feel its loose, and I don't even forcefully move it as I'm too scared. Can this really be because my gums are so puffy and sore they loosen the teeth? Not neccersarily bone loss?
 
Hi Stephanie,
Try and think of your gum infection this way.
If you fell down and scraped your knee and had a load of gravel in it then the knee would become swollen and tender. The best way to get the knee to heal would be to clean the wound and get the gravel out, problem is that actually getting the knee clean would temporarily make the wound even more sore.
Well your gums are the same - you've just started to clean them much more thoroughly than ever before. This is a bit like getting the gravel out of your knee - it will be sore and uncomfortable at first. What you will find though is that firstly the gums stop bleeding and then, as they toughen up and heal, they become less tender and sore. The throbbing goes away.
All teeth are a little bit loose and you'll find that any excessive looseness will go as the gums become healthy.
Stick with the plan and it'll come good.
 
It has gotten much worse, at this stage I'm freaking out. My teeth don't feel like teeth anymore. My gums are turning white and my teeth are sticky and like stick together? Like there is something behind them. What is this feeling??
 
I wish I could, but it's 3am at night and I'm terrified. I've never had this feeling before. They feel incredibly soft like not how teeth are suppose to feel :-( and it has spread to all my teeth.. So it's very agonizing and uncomfortable whenever I bite down. Plus the white parts on my gums are not good at all.
 
Here is what I would do: No matter how tempting, don't touch your teeth, push them with your tongue, or anything like that. Sleep tonight with your mouth open. Call as soon as the office opens.
 
Okay can't find a dentist appointment at the moment (live in a small shitty town). My teeth is feeling worse. My gums have gone whiter and puffy and plus when I bite my teeth together my teeth feel spongy. How can my dentist say I have gingivitis? Does anyone have any idea what this is? And again, I'm only 17.
 
Last edited:
*UPDATE*
just been to the dentist (which isn't a government dentist this time)
the guy was really gentle and told me I have acute ulcerative gingivitis.
He gave me antibiotics and I am feeling relieved! As he said its something that can be fixed in time (3-5 days)
:-)
 
That's great! I hope you feel anxiety relief. It's the best knowing what's wrong and then being treated for it. Huge weight off your shoulders
 
That's great! I hope you feel anxiety relief. It's the best knowing what's wrong and then being treated for it. Huge weight off your shoulders
How's is steph doing now? Iam going through the same thing I think,I'll have to get to the dentist as soon as possible,thanks for sharing steph?
 
thank you rob wain this was extremely helpful and put my mind at ease as underneath my one tooth bleeds and my gums are red and inflamed and hurt whne i brush but now i know i just have to be better at remembering to brush every morning after school and before bed thanks
 
Back
Top