• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scarrs
  • Start date Start date
S

Scarrs

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2026
Messages
21
Location
Suriname
Hello all, advice needed

The beginning of this week I extracted a lower molar on the right side. It’s been five days now. What I am having is some pain, sometimes at the extracted side and ear but sometimes also on the other side on the molars or a particular molar and the ear. The pain is not sharp but it concerns me now. Now I am getting anxiety if there is anything wrong with the other side. The other side of molars have fillings and i need cleaning for which I have a appointment next week. Is this normal or is this a concern? My anxiety is coming up again



Thanks for your advice
 
@Scarrs I hope you’re ok? How are you doing? I have 2 molars needing extraction but my crowns have broken off , just root remains & my anxiety is over the top ugh. Hope you’re okay & get an answer soon!
 
Chances are the pain is from your jaw joint from being extra wide open during the extraction, it should settle down but you might find some ice packs applied to the area will help things. A packet of frozen peas wrapped in a small towel is ideal. Apply for <5 mins then return to the freezer and repeat every hour or so for a couple of hours.
 
Okay, i find it so weird. I extracted the right lower molar but tooth on the low left side is hurting including ear. Pain sometimes walks around in my mouth.
 
Back
Top