• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scarrs
  • Start date Start date
S

Scarrs

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2026
Messages
21
Location
Suriname
So I went for a lower molar to the dentist and my dentist discovered that my upper molar has a deep decay below the filling. I am so scared. What can I expect? What are the options for me? See picture
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 22
The decay looks fairly clear of the pulp (nerve) so it should be just a filling to sort it.
 
@Gordon does something looks wrong on the lower molars? If you can see it on the scan?
 
Nothing obvious, although the film doesn't show the all surfaces of the first molar properly, it could do with being retaken at a different angle.
 
Thanks. I am so scared cuz the upper molar that has the cavity it hurts when i chew on it or to cold things. Only when i chew and on cold things
 
Sensitive to cold is not a bad sign in terms of the health of the nerve in the tooth. Get the decay removed and the tooth sealed up and it should be fine.
 
Thank you. I will be going to the dentist. How can you identify the pulp on the xray?
 
Roughly, speaking it's the darker bit in the middle of the tooth.
 
Thank you. Just came from the dentist. He filled up the two decays. He mentioned it was deep but he did not mention anything about rct. He just removed the old filling and put in a new one
 
Back
Top