• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

AFRAID! Dental Implants, lower VS upper???

J

johnmayer

Junior member
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Messages
2
Last December I had all of my teeth extracted (about 24 all together).
Last May I had 3 implants put in my lower mouth.
So now in 2 days (the 12th) I am going to get 6 implants put in my upper mouth.

I am already having a lot of anxiety because I am not sure what to expect.

My extractions were worse for me than the bottom implants, although I wouldn't say the bottom implants were a fun walk in the park either.

But I am worried, what do people usually experience in getting upper vs lower implants, is there any differences that you would feel?

Is it going to be more painful or more pressure or more time consuming to do a upper implant vs a lower one?

Are uppers easier or harder to endure?

I don't get anything other than the shots in the mouth that make your face numb.
 
Can't offer any advice soz but I'm also waiting for implants so interested to hear how you go maybe you could start a journal on here.
 
Johnmayer,

I have only had one upper implant. It wasn't bad at all.. the first bit putting in the screw was hard only because I opened my eyes and looked.. don't do it! my old dentist didn't warn me or explain.. but it was quick and the healing was pretty quick .. not a ton of pain.. it was interesting going through all the steps.. and was nervous along the way but..I then got a new dentist who really explained alot better and was very good and painfree.. I wouldn't hesititate to get antoher upper implant.. surely it has helped in my looks and function.. I wish you the best. keep us updated.
 
Johnmayer,I have only had one upper implant. It wasn't bad at all.. the first bit putting in the screw was hard only because I opened my eyes and looked.. don't do it! my old dentist didn't warn me or explain.. but it was quick and the healing was pretty quick .. not a ton of pain.. it was interesting going through all the steps.. and was nervous along the way but..I then got a new dentist who really explained alot better and was very good and painfree.. I wouldn't hesititate to get antoher upper implant.. surely it has helped in my looks and function.. I wish you the best. keep us updated.
I know you only got 1 but what happens after the impressions? Is the next step the implant or something else? (I'm not told anything).
 
After the crowns I believe it was getting the actual implant. You have the healing cap yet? I think I had the healing cap in when they took the impressions.. but wow.. you are at an exciting part if you already got impressions and waiting on the crowns.. That appt was really exciting to get the final part on!!
 
After the crowns I believe it was getting the actual implant. You have the healing cap yet? I think I had the healing cap in when they took the impressions.. but wow.. you are at an exciting part if you already got impressions and waiting on the crowns.. That appt was really exciting to get the final part on!!
Nowhere near started yet next appointment might be impressions but they said that last time+didnt happen so who knows ? Its not crowns I'm getting.
 
So you are getting the abutment put in?
 
Back
Top