• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

After my wisdom teeth removal, I have loose gum tissue around my bottom-left 2nd molar?

S

Shpati

After my wisdom teeth removal, I have loose gum tissue around my bottom-left 2nd molar?

Hi, I just got all 4 of my Wisdom teeth removed. Now I have some loose gum tissue at my 2nd molar (bottom-left). It is not gone, but it is loose. I thought it was some sort of bandage or something, but it is indeed some gum tissue. I wrapped it around my molar so it just stays there.

I am going back to the oral surgery office tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok.

I got it done at a college. So I fear that they might have messed up and accidentally took away needed tissue.

Or is this natural?

Re: After my wisdom teeth removal, I have loose gum tissue around my bottom-left 2nd molar?

from what i've read, sometimes a 'gum flap' needs to be cut in order to access the teeth better that need extracted. if your wisdom teeth were impacted at all, this could very likely be the case.

they should have given you a stitch or two though, to keep that flap secure after, and to aid in it healing up.

Re: After my wisdom teeth removal, I have loose gum tissue around my bottom-left 2nd molar?

from what i've read, sometimes a 'gum flap' needs to be cut in order to access the teeth better that need extracted. if your wisdom teeth were impacted at all, this could very likely be the case.

they should have given you a stitch or two though, to keep that flap secure after, and to aid in it healing up.
I can definitely see a stitch wrapped around my tooth, but I think it ripped or something. That gum flap is not secured in place.

Hopefully it gets settled tomorrow.

Back