• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

After root canal how long does it take the bump/absess to disapear?

D

Dentist hater

After root canal how long does it take the bump/absess to disapear?

I was so nervous today, the needle made my eyes water, the higher powered drill they use make me feel dizzy and want to pass out. Then after the procedure i hated the numbness still lingering before it wears off. Anyway had it done and i can still feel a small bump, were absess was on my gum wen i move my finger across, is this still normal to stay there after the procedure or does it mean there is still problems. Any advise i would appreciate.

First off- well done getting it done!!
With root canal- the procedure cleans out and then fills the root canals which were the source of the bugs which caused the infection/abscess. Now that they have been filled the body should be pretty good at clearing the abscess. This will probably take a week or so- but you should notice a difference in a few days.
The healing process has already begun!
Regards
Dr Mike

Hello i was just wondering, i had a root canal anmd the absess i had before the root canal was still there after, it has been six days since it was done and there is still a bump, not too large but can this be normal after 6 days, how long does it take to completley go? Am concerned about this?

Also aswell as the above still going on i have also developed a tingly feeling on my other side of my mouth (not the one still with a bump on gum as i had two root canals done) I cant work out if its the root canaled tooth or another tooth on that side. I am really worried its a different tooth now, could i still be feeling sensations in the root canaled tooth thats going all over that side or is another tooth invoilved, i dont want another root canal on another tooth or even extration am really worried and it seems the other root canaled tooth on the other side of my mout still has a small bump on the gum after a week, but no pain as of yet the other one has been 2 weeks since it been done with permanent onlay/crown. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Back