• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anxious about white fluid and waiting to go to a dentist.

M

mywisdomteethhateme

Had my wisdom teeth out almost 2 weeks ago and my stitches removed 5 days ago.
On my left side of my mouth my gum is quite hard on the inside and since today has been shooting white fluid into my mouth which tastes revolting and smells unpleasant.
Now im wondering because im 99% sure it is an infection what to do.
The dentist place that did my extraction is closed on weekends (it is saturday 1 am right now) and i dont know whether to wait until monday to see them about it or if it is an emergency and I should go to an emergency place tomorrow to get it checked out... how serious could this be and how long can i wait.
Im only 14 and the removal of the teeth should have been easy as the roots were basically non existent but the crowns of the teeth were very large.

If you are in increasing pain, trouble swallowing or breathing or have a fever, you should go to a doctor or the emergency department (A&E). If not, you can probably wait until Monday.

I agree you will probably be okay until Monday but if you get bad pain or start to feel ill as FearfulInMA has stated then seek help in A & E. Do go to the dentist on Monday though and they can sort it out for you, don't leave it :)

Back