• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone else here have fillings in almost every tooth?

D

depressedbunny

Feeling very ashamed and worried that dentures will be a possibility in the future.

I had fillings on almost every surface of every tooth at one point and then had 19 root canals in my teens and 20's. I now have dentures and am so happy to have all of the constant dental work behind me.

Not in every teeth.

I am trying my best to keep my teeth as clean as possible, I had some fillings,. I go every 3 months, so hopefully this will save them for the rest of my life, I dont want implants

I used to have fillings in pretty much every tooth. Not any more though, most of those teeth have broken and gone and now all bar 3 of my teeth are like vampires - they come out at night ??

I have a lot of fillings as well, pretty much in every molar and on some front teeth. Some of my colleagues in the dental practice I worked at had plenty of fillings as well. Even dentists have a lot of fillings. But none of them is worried about dentures - that's not what fillings lead to.

I have a lot of fillings as well, pretty much in every molar and on some front teeth. Some of my colleagues in the dental practice I worked at had plenty of fillings as well. Even dentists have a lot of fillings. But none of them is worried about dentures - that's not what fillings lead to.

Do crowns lead to dentures? Thank you. (Haven't needed any work but checkups in 26 years but have a lot of crowns.) Do dentists have a lot of crowns and such?

Last edited:
Do crowns lead to dentures? Thank you. (Haven't needed any work but checkups in 26 years but have a lot of crowns.) Do dentists have a lot of crowns and such?

If something is wrong with a crown, it can often be replaced. If not, there are still options, so no dentures here either.

I don't want to generalize about dentists, I only know a handful :), so that would be too many assumptions, but I know nurses and dentists who have crowns, yes. Actually, it's dentists who seem to still feel confident even if they have dental work and they do not get a meltdown if they find a cavity, unlike we dental phobics :)

Back