Z
zamboni_rdr
Member
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2006
- Messages
- 22
Hi,
I am new to dental assising and came across this support group while browsing the net. I am barely getting my feet wet and wondered if anyone out there would be willing to share their thoughts about what they expect from their assistant and what puts you at ease when you have to visit the dentist. I know what helps me but everyone is different.
Hope to hear your thoughts and advice-
Adia![Cheers [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/cheers.gif)
I am new to dental assising and came across this support group while browsing the net. I am barely getting my feet wet and wondered if anyone out there would be willing to share their thoughts about what they expect from their assistant and what puts you at ease when you have to visit the dentist. I know what helps me but everyone is different.
Hope to hear your thoughts and advice-
Adia
![Cheers [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/cheers.gif)

First off I would like to commend you on taking the time to learn about dental phobias and ways to help your patients ![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
saw fit not to give me any anaesthetic 'we'll try without' he said.....despite chair arm-gripping, silent tears rolling down my cheeks which he wipes away with a tissue and says 'that was a deep one' etc etc he still just carries on; and she assists like this is normal behaviour. I'm 10 years old...I'm not very assertive...all the adults I have ever come across my whole life have treated me way better than this but why was she such a jobsworth she didn't intervene? I soon afterwards found out that this was not the normal way children and adults were treated at this practice......I was very unlucky...he was soon gone and so was she....his successor and the one after that (who also did fillings) were in the
category....just so different....so I was left slightly dentally anxious rather than phobic.
.![Confused [smiley=confused.gif] [smiley=confused.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/confused.gif)
