• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

appointment in 8 hrs. i'm so afraid, i have no one, can someone please talk to me?

V

veronica

appointment in 8 hrs. i'm so afraid, i have no one, can someone please talk to me?

in 8 hours i am having 16 teeth pulled, i cant sleep, im afraid i'll oversleep if i take something, but im afraid if i dont sleep i'll suffer a heart attack in surgery. i'm suppossed to have someone accompany me to my dentist but i have no one. i figured i would drive myself there then have a taxi take me home. is this a good idea? i have no idea what kind of sedation im getting for the extractions, does anyone think if i wait a few hours post op i will be able to drive myself home,? its about a 90 minute drive:o:confused:

My best advise is to take something to help keep you calm, but conscious.
You probably would want to ask a friend or someone to come with you, but at the same time, try breathing deeply or not thinking about it. Hang in there.

Re: appointment in 8 hrs. i'm so afraid, i have no one, can someone please talk to me?

My best advise is to take something to help keep you calm, but conscious.
You probably would want to ask a friend or someone to come with you, but at the same time, try breathing deeply or not thinking about it. Hang in there.
THANKYOU imac, i have no one to go with me, do you think i can drive myself home? about a 90 minute drive

Re: appointment in 8 hrs. i'm so afraid, i have no one, can someone please talk to me?

Hi Veronica, I'm just heading out to work, but I wanted to reply to you first. You must feel terrified :XXLhug::XXLhug:. If possible, I don't recommend you drive. I had seven teeth out under local anaesthetic a number of years ago. The procedure wasn't particularly painful, but afterwards my head felt like it was full of cotton wool, and I couldn't think straight. It was probably the shock, and the aftermath of the fear I had felt beforehand, but I was definitely not fit to drive. Will be thinking of you today.
:clover::XXLhug::clover::XXLhug::clover::XXLhug:

Hi Veronica
I hope that I'm not too late posting but, if you have already been for your extractions, I hope that it wasn't as bad as you imagined? I'm a terrible phobic, took me 23 years to see a dentist after horrid experiences as a child/teenager. I was like you, couldn't sleep, terrified & so on. I luckily had my husband who literally dragged me along, I would have run off if I'd not had him. I was in floods of tears but, can honestly say I didn't feel a thing, I did have loads of needles to numb my gums though. I also took oral sedation which did calm me slightly but, I was so scared I fought it!! What I'd say is don't drive afterwards, its tempting but, you will feel slightly fuzzy & your mouth will feel odd, numb & yuk. It'll pass but, try to take a taxi. If you don't have anyone to go with you, just remember you have friends on here who know how scared you are & have been through the same & are with you in spirit if not in person. Hugs to you, let me know how you get on. xx KT.

Hi Veronica
I hope that I'm not too late posting but, if you have already been for your extractions, I hope that it wasn't as bad as you imagined? I'm a terrible phobic, took me 23 years to see a dentist after horrid experiences as a child/teenager. I was like you, couldn't sleep, terrified & so on. I luckily had my husband who literally dragged me along, I would have run off if I'd not had him. I was in floods of tears but, can honestly say I didn't feel a thing, I did have loads of needles to numb my gums though. I also took oral sedation which did calm me slightly but, I was so scared I fought it!! What I'd say is don't drive afterwards, its tempting but, you will feel slightly fuzzy & your mouth will feel odd, numb & yuk. It'll pass but, try to take a taxi. If you don't have anyone to go with you, just remember you have friends on here who know how scared you are & have been through the same & are with you in spirit if not in person. Hugs to you, let me know how you get on. xx KT.
HEY thank you sooooo much. i went alone, got no sedation or anesthesia just lidocaine injections in my whole mouth. afterwords i drove to pharmacy got my prescribed demerol then drove home. pain,yes. swelling,yes. bleeding,yes. glad its over, hell yes!!!