• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Appointment today- I'm terrified

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boxxepo18
  • Start date Start date
B

Boxxepo18

Junior member
Joined
Jul 8, 2025
Messages
2
Location
Michigan
I have a dental appointment in a few hours. It is the first time I've gone in 19 years. The longer I've emailed the more scared I've been to go, because I'm sure there's a million problems. I think i cracked a molar, which is why I finally broke down and made the appointment. I'm so scared and anxious and panicky. The office I'm going to is supposed to be really good with high anxiety patients... fingers crossed.
 
Hi @Boxxepo18, well done for making an appointment, that must have taken you a lot of courage! Wishing you all the best for your appointment today 🤗

The office I'm going to is supposed to be really good with high anxiety patients... fingers crossed.

That sounds really promising - please let us know how you got on!
 
@Boxxepo18

It's extremely difficult to make and keep an appointment as an anxious patient. Especially if the appointment is long overdue...

In my case it had been around 5 years of putting it off. Mainly due to the state of my teeth. I know how badly anxiety can rule your mind and the decision making process.

You should be proud of yourself. Well done!
 
How did everything go for you?
 
It went surprisingly well. The staff was beyond amazing and were very kind and gentle with me. They even sent me home with muffins! I only need two crowns and two fillings....not terrible for almost 20 years. 🤦‍♀️
 
@Boxxepo18 Thanks so much for the update, sounds like it went well then 😊 (did someone mention muffins :drool:??). Great to hear that it was much better than expected!

Well done and congratulations 🥳!!!
 
Back
Top