Thanks everyone! I just got home, today was X-rays and a cleaning. The hygienist was very nice and as gentle as possible, and stopped whenever I needed her to. The worst part was scraping the calculus off of the inside of my bottom teeth, but she used some sort of scraper that sprayed water and made it a bit better. Apparently I have the beginnings of gum disease which is pretty scary for me but hopefully with regular cleanings and better flossing techniques (and a waterpik) that can be stopped. The dentist was AMAZING. When he came in to talk to me, he was asking what is it that I'm afraid of in particular, what have my previous experiences been, and how we can eventually make me a non-phobic with communication and taking small steps. I go back in two days to get measured for a bite guard, and he's promised me that will be the only thing done that day. I will need two fillings eventually but we're working up to it. He is also prescribing me something to help calm me. I'm very grateful that I ended up with this dentist, he is the first one I've met that seems to truly care about how I'm feeling and wanting to help me long-term with my phobia.