• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

apprehension for extraction while awake

G

giraffe1

My surgeon says I don't necessarily need sedation but I'm scared. Also have concern over the cost of this treatment. Does anyone know how much any type of sedation will cost?

Hi giraffe1,

cost of treatment can vary depending on the area you are in and even the practice. Asking in the practice you would like to have the treatment done at may be best.

All the best wishes

Giraffe1,

:welcome: These are two really valid good concerns you bring up. Agree w Enarete, it probably does vary quite a bit due to location and practice as to the cost . But.. the most important thing is that it is what is best for you.. both physically and mentally. And if you are most comfortable with sedation than maybe that is the best route ? but also if you can find a very compassionate ,patient dentist willing to help you feel at ease and explain things maybe you would feel better about forgoing the sedation too. ? Its a lot to think about. Extraction can be scary, but I find myself ,it is mostly the thought, and the preparations in my mind that are scariest. Once you get in chair its usually quick and painless.Its really very normal to be apprehansive and fearful of extractions.I've had plenty.. alot.. and every one I've gotten nervous.. :frantic::censored::frantic: I hope you can find a good solution both mentally speaking and financially speaking.

I don’t know if you are in the US, but I had nitrous oxide and it cost between $77 and $110, depending on where I had the procedure done. For IV sedation, is was going to cost between $500 and $1200. I chose nitrous, which worked really well for me.

If you can handle the Novocaine shots a few pricks and you feel nothing.

Conscious sedation is an option too but it will cost more. General will cost even more.vwithout insurance my recent extractions would have been ten grand. With it (health and dental) surgery at the hospital was less than one grand.

A lot goes into your out of pocket costs but you do have options.

Back