H
haeshin
Member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2015
- Messages
- 51
Almost two weeks ago I had a filling done on my last (in the upper row) molar tooth. There was some tooth decay due to a wisdom tooth that used to be rubbing against the molar, but the dentist said it wasn't actually a big deal and I just needed a filling. So I got it done. The numbing shot was surprisingly not as painful as I thought it'd be, so I thought after that I was all good until my biannual cleaning appointment months from now.
Not.
Almost immediately after that filling my teeth on the RIGHT side began to feel sensitive and the upper molar in the very back throbbed a bit like the one that had the filling used to. The painless throbbing symptom is similar, as well as a bit of an ache in the corresponding tooth on the lower row, but other than that there is no similarity. No sensitivity to cold water, possibly sugar. No problems while eating. Also, the tooth that got the filling twinges a bit once in a while as if that filling was only partly successful. Other than that I feel totally fine on that side of my teeth.
Although my last couple of dentist appointments went well, I'm still scared to make an appointment but I'm hoping to get the nerve to do it this weekend. The ache on my right teeth, though painless, is still frickin' annoying! Or at least it was today. I suspect I might have been clenching my teeth at night, being aware of having to un-clench them in the morning on two occasions, but whatever the problem, I know it'll put my mind a little bit at rest to know what the problem is exactly should it be dental.
Please excuse me while I vent my frustrations at having to constantly go back to the dentist for more and more problems, but it's getting to the same level as my fears, which is saying something because the fear level is up there!
AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! Why can't it ever be OVER?!?!?!???? Why can't my teeth leave me in peace? AAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!! Why can't I smash you all with a sledge hammer and be done with it? Is this the universe trying to get me to face my fears with exposure therapy? AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
Not.
Almost immediately after that filling my teeth on the RIGHT side began to feel sensitive and the upper molar in the very back throbbed a bit like the one that had the filling used to. The painless throbbing symptom is similar, as well as a bit of an ache in the corresponding tooth on the lower row, but other than that there is no similarity. No sensitivity to cold water, possibly sugar. No problems while eating. Also, the tooth that got the filling twinges a bit once in a while as if that filling was only partly successful. Other than that I feel totally fine on that side of my teeth.
Although my last couple of dentist appointments went well, I'm still scared to make an appointment but I'm hoping to get the nerve to do it this weekend. The ache on my right teeth, though painless, is still frickin' annoying! Or at least it was today. I suspect I might have been clenching my teeth at night, being aware of having to un-clench them in the morning on two occasions, but whatever the problem, I know it'll put my mind a little bit at rest to know what the problem is exactly should it be dental.
Please excuse me while I vent my frustrations at having to constantly go back to the dentist for more and more problems, but it's getting to the same level as my fears, which is saying something because the fear level is up there!
AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! Why can't it ever be OVER?!?!?!???? Why can't my teeth leave me in peace? AAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!! Why can't I smash you all with a sledge hammer and be done with it? Is this the universe trying to get me to face my fears with exposure therapy? AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
Last edited: