• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Awake wisdom tooth extraction - and wisdom teeth making other teeth sensitive?

1398_Days

Awake wisdom tooth extraction - and wisdom teeth making other teeth sensitive?

All four of my wisdom teeth are impacted, and up until a few weeks ago they weren't bothering me. But lately they've been hurting every now and then, especially the past few days. My other teeth (really just the molars) have been hurting a little bit as well and seem like they're more sensitive that usual. Can impacted wisdom teeth cause this?

I will most likely be getting them out soon.. I've just been putting it off. I'm going to be awake (being unconscious freaks me out more than being awake would) so anyone who has been awake for their wisdom tooth extraction, what was it like? Was it as bad as everyone says? And what about the recovery? I almost feel like I'm more nervous about the recovery than the actual procedure.. But any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Re: Awake wisdom tooth extraction - and wisdom teeth making other teeth sensitive?

I have 3 impacted wisdom teeth and it has affected ALL of my teeth as far as sensitivity. My teeth are sensitive to temperatures and they all ache due to their sensitivity. I think it's from the wisdom teeth trying to make room and disrupting the nerves & placement of all the teeth in front of them.

Re: Awake wisdom tooth extraction - and wisdom teeth making other teeth sensitive?

It's normal for surrounding teeth to be sensitive after wisdom teeth are removed, but they're quick to get better. Just wait a few days and have soft foods for at least a week.

Back