• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bacteria and Probiotics question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnv713
  • Start date Start date
J

Johnv713

Junior member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
2
Hi guys

I'm currently on probiotics that has lactobacillus acidophilus 50 Billions CFU per capsule for GERD. What I usually do is take one with water. And also break open a capsule and sprinkle it in my mouth. From what I read online L. Acidophilus caused plague and cavity. So why is it that they're considered probiotics (friendly bacteria)?

I'm confused thanks!
 
Because in your mouth that's what they do. In your gut they do slightly more useful things.

BTW sprinkling them on your tongue is a total waste of money, they'll be destroyed by the acid in your stomach as soon as they get there. The capsule is designed to protect them till they get to the target area in your large intestine.
 
Because in your mouth that's what they do. In your gut they do slightly more useful things.

BTW sprinkling them on your tongue is a total waste of money, they'll be destroyed by the acid in your stomach as soon as they get there. The capsule is designed to protect them till they get to the target area in your large intestine.



I see ..good point there my friend.
 
Back
Top