R
ripply
Member
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2014
- Messages
- 56
I had my upper first molar extracted and the dentist (he's an oral surgeon) said it went well and hadn't affected my sinus. It healed up fast but I started having bad breath about 4 days after the extraction. It used to come and go, but now it's all the time. Nothing else has changed eg: in my diet. I'm not on any medication and I'm always careful about brushing/flossing. I've never had this problem in my life before. At the 2 week check up, the dentist seemed really pleased with how it had healed, but I didn't mention this odour as I assumed it was something that would go away soon.
Now I know I need to see him about this but I keep putting it off as I'm terrified of what he'll do. I've no pain around the extraction, or sinus pain, so from what I've read online, I keep thinking I must have a severe bone infection. Will the dentist have to cut into my gums and remove bone? I feel so sick with worry every time I think about it. And there's no point in me making an appointment if he'll have to do anything like that because I couldn't cope at all.
Now I know I need to see him about this but I keep putting it off as I'm terrified of what he'll do. I've no pain around the extraction, or sinus pain, so from what I've read online, I keep thinking I must have a severe bone infection. Will the dentist have to cut into my gums and remove bone? I feel so sick with worry every time I think about it. And there's no point in me making an appointment if he'll have to do anything like that because I couldn't cope at all.