• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Been dealing with teeth issues for 7 years I can’t anymore

A

Alexistired

I’ve been dealing with teeth issues for 7 years . I’ve been dealing with a painful tooth due to undetected cavities and half infected pulp for 9 months like people on here might remember . Just as I had finally solved that issue, here comes another one … it’s always one after the other

my erupting wisdom tooth is causing me so much pain .It feels like my jaw is inflamed and I have issues opening my mouth to eat and chew because the burning pain expands to my ear. I am in so much pain . Of course I called my dentist and she’s gonna see me soon but I am incredibly sad . She had X Rays of myteeth and she said this one tooth was OK and not impacted . I don’t know what’s going on since it’s not covered by an operculum (gums) either . I AM SO TIRED . It’s one issue after the other

it’s recently been two months of antibiotics and pain killers for another issue plus I have other cavities that need filling and now this unbearable pain in my wisdom tooth . At this point I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to eat normally again. Now I have to start this all over again ? I am at the dentist office every two weeks .EVERY TWO WEEKS. I can’t deal with this too .

I just want to cry . Enough is enough. Especially because I don’t know why it’s hurting like this . It feels like I got an open wound in my mouth + I have exams I need to pass + I still have to get a urgent cavity fixed which means I need to keep my mouth open and I can’t keep my mouth open . I’m in pain .
I’m about to lose it ?

I can completely understand your frustration. I’m at the dentist every week for the last month. I just keep telling myself, as you should too, that you’re preventing bigger and long term problems down the road. I’m not at all undermining your pain or stress but there will be an end and hopefully its all worth it. Hang in there. There truly are so many of us who understand.

I understand too---- but for me I keep making bad choices that lead to more problems ugh = currently also in pain

Alexistired,

I am so sorry for all you are going through. It does sound exhausting and overwhelming and just like the last straw. agh. Just wishing it can be all over and done with for you .. Its enough to have physical pain but really then top it off with all the stress of it, its enough to send anyone completely frustrated . I'm glad you wrote here , you are in good company.. I sure hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon for you. Are you getting any pain relief ? I sure hope you can it just sounds so hard.. My thoughts are with you.. is there anything you can do kind for yourself to give you a bit of relief even for just a short time? I hope so..

Let us know how you get on with all of this.. will be in my thoughts! :grouphug:

I'm sorry you are struggling. It's so hard when you are doing the right thing to save your teeth and the pain keeps coming.

I'm sorry you are struggling. It's so hard when you are doing the right thing to save your teeth and the pain keeps coming.
Yup . It’s exhausting . I’m brushing my teeth three times a day , I’m flossing ecc but it’s always something . Always a new cavity , always a new issue . I currently have periodontitis and a couple of cavities

I can completely understand your frustration. I’m at the dentist every week for the last month. I just keep telling myself, as you should too, that you’re preventing bigger and long term problems down the road. I’m not at all undermining your pain or stress but there will be an end and hopefully its all worth it. Hang in there. There truly are so many of us who understand.
Im not sure about that anymore UGH . I got my first cavity in 2015 and ever since then , I started getting new cavities each month . All of my teeth have fillings . I got more than one fillings in the same tooth . Most if not all of them are deep . Very . They keep getting infiltrated so I feel like whatever I’m doing . I’m doing something wrong

Alexistired,

I am so sorry for all you are going through. It does sound exhausting and overwhelming and just like the last straw. agh. Just wishing it can be all over and done with for you .. Its enough to have physical pain but really then top it off with all the stress of it, its enough to send anyone completely frustrated . I'm glad you wrote here , you are in good company.. I sure hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon for you. Are you getting any pain relief ? I sure hope you can it just sounds so hard.. My thoughts are with you.. is there anything you can do kind for yourself to give you a bit of relief even for just a short time? I hope so..

Let us know how you get on with all of this.. will be in my thoughts! :grouphug:
I currently have periodontitis and a couple of cavities . But I’ve been struggling with an infection/broken filling/infiltrated filling in one of my tooth for 5 months and it’s been painful .I also lost one of my fillings in April. It’s been a nightmare . I had to take antibiotics and painkillers for weeks . And now … periodontitis . I don’t know if I’m just unlucky or if im doing something wrong . I do brush my teeth tho

I'm so sorry. I went through constant dental work for years but the dentist was able to stabilize them over time and I've needed nothing except checkups for the past quarter-century. Hang in there. But I know it's hard.

Alexistired.

Really hope you can get some relief soon.. HOpe you find something really kind to do for yourself in the meantime!

I'm so sorry. I went through constant dental work for years but the dentist was able to stabilize them over time and I've needed nothing except checkups for the past quarter-century. Hang in there. But I know it's hard.
Thanks this makes me hopeful

I’ve been dealing with teeth issues for 7 years . I’ve been dealing with a painful tooth due to undetected cavities and half infected pulp for 9 months like people on here might remember . Just as I had finally solved that issue, here comes another one … it’s always one after the other

my erupting wisdom tooth is causing me so much pain .It feels like my jaw is inflamed and I have issues opening my mouth to eat and chew because the burning pain expands to my ear. I am in so much pain . Of course I called my dentist and she’s gonna see me soon but I am incredibly sad . She had X Rays of myteeth and she said this one tooth was OK and not impacted . I don’t know what’s going on since it’s not covered by an operculum (gums) either . I AM SO TIRED . It’s one issue after the other

it’s recently been two months of antibiotics and pain killers for another issue plus I have other cavities that need filling and now this unbearable pain in my wisdom tooth . At this point I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to eat normally again. Now I have to start this all over again ? I am at the dentist office every two weeks .EVERY TWO WEEKS. I can’t deal with this too .

I just want to cry . Enough is enough. Especially because I don’t know why it’s hurting like this . It feels like I got an open wound in my mouth + I have exams I need to pass + I still have to get a urgent cavity fixed which means I need to keep my mouth open and I can’t keep my mouth open . I’m in pain .
I’m about to lose it ?

Hi there.

This does sound like it’s been a challenging time and quite draining i imagine when it feels never ending and on going. I promise it does get better. I know when I started my return to the dentist journey. It felt like there was constantly another problem or more to be done and it felt like appointment after appointment all the time. But honestly once it’s all done and sorted it will be a huge wight off your mind. Sounds like you have been doing amazingly getting everything seen to! You should be proud. Sorry to hear you are in pain I hope that gets settled soon, I have impacted wisdom teeth, an infection and other problems and I know how distracting and consuming that pain is and it can be hard to focus on other things. By the way it sounds like you are doing he right things and taking care of your teeth by brushing etc. Some people so just seem to be more susceptible to issues than others. So don’t place the blame on yourself. Good luck with your exams too. :clover:

Best wishes.
Molar bear ?

Hi there.

This does sound like it’s been a challenging time and quite draining i imagine when it feels never ending and on going. I promise it does get better. I know when I started my return to the dentist journey. It felt like there was constantly another problem or more to be done and it felt like appointment after appointment all the time. But honestly once it’s all done and sorted it will be a huge wight off your mind. Sounds like you have been doing amazingly getting everything seen to! You should be proud. Sorry to hear you are in pain I hope that gets settled soon, I have impacted wisdom teeth, an infection and other problems and I know how distracting and consuming that pain is and it can be hard to focus on other things. By the way it sounds like you are doing he right things and taking care of your teeth by brushing etc. Some people so just seem to be more susceptible to issues than others. So don’t place the blame on yourself. Good luck with your exams too. :clover:

Best wishes.
Molar bear ?
I went to get a filling yesterday and not only the anesthesia didn’t work - but also , of course my provisory filling fell out . It’s non stop . I’m so tired .
Not only I have to get 37378 works done but also they don’t go smoothly . Last time anesthesia hit my nerve and I had a reaction from it . This time IT DIDNT WORK so I was feeling everything . And if that’s not enough , my filling just fell out so I have to go in tomorrow . And I haven’t finished . This filling needs more work and so does another tooth . I don’t think it’s ever gonna end at this point.
Sadly I don’t think the issue is brushing my teeth because the dentist said my tooth surface looked very damaged she suspects I am low on vitamin D and calcium . She prescribed me something and said I should get tests done . It’s not the best situation.

I'm so sorry. Can you ask for sedation next time?

Alexistired.. oh noooo :(.. so sorry to hear this.. you felt everything,, agh. did the dentist know?
I know some of us try to whiteknuckle it , I used to when I was younger and thought I had to. Now , no way. So sorry you felt everything.. did they say why? did they offer to stop the procedure? I forget was it for fillings? maybe they have somewhere around they have a laser? that seems to be far less or no pain at all . Though I know its hard to find a place and change.. just thinking . feeling bad you had to go through all this.. :grouphug:

Alexistired.. oh noooo :(.. so sorry to hear this.. you felt everything,, agh. did the dentist know?
I know some of us try to whiteknuckle it , I used to when I was younger and thought I had to. Now , no way. So sorry you felt everything.. did they say why? did they offer to stop the procedure? I forget was it for fillings? maybe they have somewhere around they have a laser? that seems to be far less or no pain at all . Though I know its hard to find a place and change.. just thinking . feeling bad you had to go through all this.. :grouphug:
I don’t know why . Sometimes anesthesia works really good and sometimes it doesn’t work .and sometimes it hurts so badly and sometimes it doesn’t . I wish I knew why , I wish I knew how this works . I have no clue . She tried to go very gently and was able to remove the cavity but not the entire cavity she then proceeded to put a temporary filling but it fell off ?‍? . Next time she will try to anesthetize me before hand and see if it works better. Tomorrow I have to go back bc my filling fell off. I’m not sure how these injections work anymore . Sometimes I get no pain at all and they anesthetize very well and it’s painless and perfect , sometimes it doesn’t work and I still feel everything .Once I felt an excruciating pain bc she hit my nerve. I heard the same type of stories with the “epidural” and childbirth so perhaps it’s an anesthesia thing ? Not sure

That sounds like a nightmare... You seem to be having a terrible run. Not sure if you've come across this page already, but it gives an overview of why teeth can sometimes be hard to numb:

Out of interest, what did your current dentist suggest you do about the periodontitis?

Back