• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Big problem gone past a joke bad breath + taste it now!

W

Welshy_Pete

Hello Ive just joined the forum and needed some advice. Basicly I use a firm brush so my gums dont bleed at all there healthy. I watch what foods I eat and drink. I got no fillings and my teeth are in great condition at the moment. I brush my teeth in the morning and at night time before bed. Ive been to the dentist my teeth are fine. I have no crystal build up at all nothing. I dont drink and dont smoke either. I have no food trapped anywhere in my teeth at all. My breath has been getting really bad last year and now I can even taste the smell its serious.:(

The doctor started me using on prescription Tarodent mouth wash the same as Corsodyl mouth wash?:confused:

Anyhow I use this Tarodent mouth wash in the morning and before bed times afte I brush my teeth. So far the taste in my mouth seems to have gone. But could the mouth wash just be hiding the problem?

But the smell I havn't done the test yet for that which I can soon do an update.:giggle:

Whats causing this with my problem gingivitis?

Maybe it's not your teeth and gums at all. 'Gingivitis' breath has a smell all of it's own, and gums are usually really spongy and red. Sounds like you have no problems there with your hygiene routine. Maybe you should go back to your dentist and ask him to check specifically for gum disease...but it doesnt' sound like that.

Have you considered it might be a problem with either your sinus, or your stomach? Chronic long term sinus infections can cause a nasal drip which tastes and smells revolting.

Helicobacter Pylori, a stomach infection can also cause seriously bad breath.

Both are easily treated with antibiotics.

Explain the symptoms to your doc. Best of luck with it!

My first thought was sinus, too.

I have had that with post nasal drip. And any time our kids get a cold, we can smell it on their breath.

Mine occur due to allergies, so I take some meds and it disappears.

Back