• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My big problem!URGENT( long:beware)

lostdreams816

lostdreams816

I had posted yesterday i think, or the day before, regarding an abscess. One of my teeth (molar bottom left) had broken. All that remains are the roots in fragments. it had become abscessed and is progressing quickly! The left side of my face is really swollen to the point i can almost open my mouth, and cannot swallow correctly.i can swallow, but my teeth cannot touch. The pain is making me cry all the time.:cry: It even keeps me from sleeping. I haven't slept more than 3 hours the last 4 night now. It hurts to even talk at this point. i am starting to also feel like my teeth around it and near it are bruised in a way(hurt to touch). I have been calling every dentist in the phone book and cannot find a dentist who accepts my insurance or is accepting new patients. I got an appointment with my physician and had to fight with him tooth and nail (no pun intended) just to get an antibiotic. Between the pain and the antibiotic, i am now throwing up:sick:, having fevers throughout the day, and REALLY feeling crappy.:shame: I cannot find any dentist near me and my doctor will not give me anything for pain. Im worried that with me throwing up, that the antibiotic will not work since i dont know if im throwing that up at all, and that the abscess will only continue to worsen. I do not have any type of credit to apply for help, and currently have medical assistance which covers dental, i just cant find anyone. I have tried MANY home remedies such as-moist heat compression, tea bags, baking soda and salt, cloves, ora-gel, abesol and things like that, sore throat losengers on the gums near it and everything else i could possibly find on the web. I dont know what to do at this point. i cannot seem to pop it. can anyone help at all or any advice of any kind? it will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
any advice, please feel free to directly e-mail me at :[email protected]

I'm so sorry to hear you're not getting help from the doctor you've seen :(. How long have you been taking the antibiotic for? If things are as bad as you say, please go to the nearest ER / A&E department. They will be able to assess the antibiotics situation and perhaps give you stronger painkillers.

Back