• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Big white patch right after tooth extraction (pictue)

  • Thread starter Thread starter majic28
  • Start date Start date
M

majic28

Junior member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
6
This is 3 hours after tooth 16 was extracted, looks like a pure white patch, concerned this is bone, seems to early to be healing tissue but I really dont know. any opinions?

**update**

Just an update, I remember the dentist saying he had a hard time getting the tooth out and my gum tore and he had to stitch it back on or something, could that white just be the gum tissue he stitched back on and not the socket at all?
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hi WELCOME :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: to the forum.

It looks okay to me but I am not a dentist. I wouldn't be worried by it but if you get a lot of pain or remain worried then do go back and see your dentist.

I am not a dentist it is only my opinion as a patient. :butterfly:
 
Thanks, its now turning mostly pink, i think it was the torn gum that he stitched back together and hopefully now healing
 
Back
Top