• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Biopsy needed after cleaning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mikey Boy
  • Start date Start date
Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
1,112
Location
Florida
Well, this is one of the more harder posts that I’ve had to make on here. I like to take myself as a very go lucky happy person, but today I’m definitely not feeling happy or lucky.

So I went in today, just for normal cleaning, nothing too crazy. I needed to get some x-rays done because my new dentist wanted to get an updated look on everything. and answers the cleaning was done my dentist noted something under my tongue that she did not like, so he had the dentist look at it and after further evaluation, she decided that she wanted to get a second opinion on it, so I scheduled the appointment for consultation, local oral surgery that’s close by my house.

I’m not gonna lie i’m very nervous about it, and I’m very scared and I could really use some support right now
 
Hi @Mikey Boy, well done for going for your cleaning today! A "biopsy" is a very routine thing, it's just a bit of tissue taken for proper diagnosis in a lab. It does NOT mean that there is a cancer present. In fact in the vast majority of cases, cancer isn't even considered. It's just done to determine exactly what it is and whether it needs any treatment/medication. So please don't get worked over it 🤗

When is your appointment for the consultation?
 
@letsconnect September 8 at 1:45 PM, I already put in for the day off and everything, so and my girlfriends gonna go with me, so
 
I would be nervous too but hopefully it is nothing serious and if it is you will be able to handle it ! We can handle much more than we think. The unknown is so stressful.
 
Back
Top