S
scared0902
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2007
- Messages
- 161
I just brushed and noticed a miniscule black dot on a tooth that was recently filled. I thought it was a saliva bubble or a piece of food, so I brushed that tooth again. It's still there. Although, to be fair, I'm sure the average person wouldn't have noticed it in a million years.
It doesn't look like decay, but I guess it could be? It almost looks like a dot made by a pen or something. I had that tooth filled about a month ago. Can decay grow on top of a composite filling and in four weeks? I've been religious about what I eat and brushing. I use chlorhexadine once a day, brush for two minutes three times a day and/or whenever I eat, floss with regular floss once a day, and with a Reach flosser once a day, and use precription flouride at night. If I have decay after all of that, I give up! (I know it seems like a crazy regime, but I can't stop with the recurrent decay even with changes in diet and normal care, so this is really my only option.)
Or could it be a mark from the filling?
I'm going in for a TMJ consult and treatment this week (with a doctor not a dentist) and need to pay off my last round of treatment before having more done! Plus, my jaw is so messed up at this point, and I'm not sure what more dental work would do to it!
It doesn't look like decay, but I guess it could be? It almost looks like a dot made by a pen or something. I had that tooth filled about a month ago. Can decay grow on top of a composite filling and in four weeks? I've been religious about what I eat and brushing. I use chlorhexadine once a day, brush for two minutes three times a day and/or whenever I eat, floss with regular floss once a day, and with a Reach flosser once a day, and use precription flouride at night. If I have decay after all of that, I give up! (I know it seems like a crazy regime, but I can't stop with the recurrent decay even with changes in diet and normal care, so this is really my only option.)
Or could it be a mark from the filling?
I'm going in for a TMJ consult and treatment this week (with a doctor not a dentist) and need to pay off my last round of treatment before having more done! Plus, my jaw is so messed up at this point, and I'm not sure what more dental work would do to it!
Last edited:
.