• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Blue dot on my gum? (been there for a long time)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peach
  • Start date Start date
P

Peach

Junior member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
12
Location
UK
I've had this blue dot (I wouldn't really call it a spot because it's pretty smallish) on my gum for years. I think it appeared around the time I had a tooth taken out, but I don't remember if my dentist at the time ever saw it, because I stopped going. I googled recently wondering what it was (I used to think it was a nerve), part of a silver filling perhaps but I only remember having white ones. It isn't raised at all and I don't think it's changed much in the years it's been there. I can try & get a pic if necessary, but yeah... does it sound harmless? I would prefer if a dentist could answer because I'm panicking a bit after the stuff I read.
 
Its probably an amalgam tattoo - a bit of silver filling - and nothing to worry about, but get it checked out all the same.
 
I will do. it definitely looks like that from the pictures i've seen - I just don't remember having a silver filling, though I was quite young then. thanks!
 
Back
Top