• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken File after Root canal

M

Miss_k

Hi everyone
this is my first time here and just joined in today.I have a problem and would love to get some opinion on how i should deal with this.
Just last week i went to my dentist and while he was performing the root canal a file broke and told me i need to see a endodontist. so today i had an appointment with them and the doctor there told me that there is little he can do and that the file had broken in way too deep, the success rate of removal is less then %10.
So i am at loss now and don't know what to do plus the endo said the cost would be $1500 sounds crazy and i don't have insurance so that suck.
I am just at loss and feel like complaining about the dentist who broke the file in me while he was getting frustrated and calling the receptionist stupid for booking his appointments too close, i just feel like he was trying to hurry up the procedure so he can see his next patience. i just don't know what to do..what should i do or say?????

thanks

Last edited:
broken files happen to everyone they just happen more if you try to rushand overload it. it would be reasonable to ask the dentist for some assistance. good luck

Broken files don't always need to be removed, are you having any symptoms from the tooth? Did the endodontist use a microscope?

Back