• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken molar - just noticed & worried.

• Thread starter conqueringfears
  • Start date
conqueringfears

conqueringfears

Hi!! This weekend I noticed that I have a part of #16 (I believe, furthest molar on top right) that has been broken since sometime in the summer. I noticed because I always thought it was my wisdom tooth coming in. I had some photos in my phone of my teeth and I went back realizing it had to be in the summer that it chipped. I have no pain or sensitivity there which is odd. I am thankful for that, but I am so worried it has decayed and I will need another root canal or what will happen.

• What could the treatment look like for this? Can it just be built up again? I ask because I cannot afford a crown

• How long can I safely wait? I am "babying" that area now but I spent close to $10,000 out of pocket last year for dental and I need to save a bit of money before getting a few more cavities filled. Now I have this issue.

I have attached two pictures to get an idea of what could be done for this, any insight is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-3481.jpg
    IMG-3481.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-3482.jpg
    IMG-3482.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
It looks weird, like the crown of the tooth is misshapen rather than decay or fractured. I'm fairly certain it can wait for a few months to get looked at but from those photos I have no idea what treatment it would need. Quite possibly no treatment at all!

@Gordon thank you! I am going to make an appointment as soon as I can. I am not sure what happened at all!

Back