S
scaredmum
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 6, 2010
- Messages
- 8
I need to take my son to the dentist, but I have a phobia, which I am dealing with, I'm able to go to the dentists now, but the thought of taking my children scares me.
My 8 year old has Autism (mild), and over the last year has brushed his own teeth, although a lot of nagging is involved.
Yesterday, he was picking inside his mouth, and when I looked, I saw that half of his premolar above the gum line has completely snapped off, the other side one looks black, and on furhter examination he has a cavity on another premolar up the top.
He's quite happy to go to the mouth doctor, but i'm scared silly.
WIll they extract? Fill?
UPdate. 7/6 - Got an appointment for him on 14th June, not at my dentist as they were fully booked, so it gives me a week to prepare him.
I want to prepare him as best as I can.
My 8 year old has Autism (mild), and over the last year has brushed his own teeth, although a lot of nagging is involved.
Yesterday, he was picking inside his mouth, and when I looked, I saw that half of his premolar above the gum line has completely snapped off, the other side one looks black, and on furhter examination he has a cavity on another premolar up the top.
He's quite happy to go to the mouth doctor, but i'm scared silly.
WIll they extract? Fill?
UPdate. 7/6 - Got an appointment for him on 14th June, not at my dentist as they were fully booked, so it gives me a week to prepare him.
I want to prepare him as best as I can.
Last edited:

. A bombed out baby tooth would be extracted in UK rather than being given a baby root canal and stainless steel cap. In UK NHS my main worry would be the dentist having sufficient command of English to be able to reassure him appropriately. 
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)