- Jul 1, 2018
? so sorry you have these worries and the pain. Have the antibiotics reduced the symptoms at all? As you know I'm in the two teeth, infection situation and it's my understanding that if it comes to it, extraction of both teeth will resolve the issue. I know that is the worst case for us both and not a certain by any means. The worry of infection 'stuck' in the bone is something I also worry about but I've been told the worst case is the two teeth out. Our situations are obviously unique but hope sharing mine can ease your worry a bit, feel less alone..... I was also told antibiotics deal with acute infection but do not resolve the chronic aspect, I also have on and off pain in the two teeth. It's hard not to tumble into worse and worse scenarios in your head when in pain and discomfort. I am struggling with that.
My extraction of one is coming up. I will then find out if that resolves the infection.
Sending you kind thoughts x
Thank you for the kind thoughts and words. My endodontist tells it like it is. She is former military and doesn't mince words, which I appreciate. However, she was reluctant to tell me much about what she was seeing in the x ray, other than that she was worried about a lesion in the bone at the back of the abscess. So that makes me worry as well.
She didn't say extraction would necessarily fix the problem either. In fact, she said she wanted to wait on extraction until she knew if the second tooth was compromised and what the lesion on the x ray looked like in 6 weeks.
Originally, back when she first did the root canal, she had told me she didn't prescribe clindamycin, except in extreme circumstances, since it was so hard on the body. I am trying to just accept that I may lose two teeth, but at least the infection would be gone.
Waiting is the worst part! Oh, and the antibiotics haven't really lessened any symptoms. Maybe the front tooth is a tad bit less tender to pressure, but I still can't even gently bite my lip without feeling it.