• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can incoming wisdom teeth move teeth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter flosser44
  • Start date Start date
F

flosser44

Junior member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
4
I went to the hospital today about getting my wisdom teeth removed as my dentist didn't think there was alot of room for them to come through and there was slight pain.

The dentist at the hospital was not very helpful. He said I have just to leave them. When I said that my teeth were beginning to overlap and have definitely moved closer to one another, he said wisdom teeth can't do this. And I also said the gum between the teeth was feeling squeezed and it was puffing up at times. He said this was due to poor brushing, which I don't understand as I brush very well, zero fillings, not a lot of tartar...

So is he right? Can wisdom teeth trying to come through (I don't think there's enough room), push the other teeth closer to one another?
 
Hey flosser

There is no consensus regarding the wisdom teeth, it is not clear if the wisdom teeth can at all effect the alinement of the front, but if so it would probably have a very limited effect.
I think that the dentist at the hospital meant that flossing is needed, but since your name in this forum is flosser.... maybe the dentist is wrong :-?, it can happen, you know ;)
 
Back
Top