FearfulInMA
Super Moderator
Staff member
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2012
- Messages
- 2,150
- Location
- Massachusetts, USA
Just saw the dentist and he says I need a crown on #2. I already have 2 large fillings in this tooth and it's decaying again
despite good hygiene practices, limited sugar, etc. I trust my dentist (I've been going to the same one for the last 6 yes and he's the only dentist I've ever gone to see regularly).
My question for the dentists on here is what do you think the chances are that I can have more drilling on this tooth and not need RCT? I've needed RCT before after a crown preparation and after a second filling on #31. I know I need to try to crown or else there is likely no hope of keeping the tooth free of RCT, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what my odds are that I won't need RCT as a result of more drilling I this tooth.
I would appreciate any thoughts you could offer as this is only increasing my very high level of dental anxiety.
Thank you
despite good hygiene practices, limited sugar, etc. I trust my dentist (I've been going to the same one for the last 6 yes and he's the only dentist I've ever gone to see regularly). My question for the dentists on here is what do you think the chances are that I can have more drilling on this tooth and not need RCT? I've needed RCT before after a crown preparation and after a second filling on #31. I know I need to try to crown or else there is likely no hope of keeping the tooth free of RCT, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what my odds are that I won't need RCT as a result of more drilling I this tooth.
I would appreciate any thoughts you could offer as this is only increasing my very high level of dental anxiety.
Thank you
