• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

choosing tooth/teeth colour?

T

tazey

So far I've not had any say in size or colour etc of what the implants will look like,he did say the colour could be changed but that's about it. I don't remember what the try ins were like he showed me a color guide but they all looked rather yellow to me the whitest being b1 but I'm no expert. How do you chose? obvs I don't want glowing white that's so noticable but more a natural white.

don't they match the colour to the colour of your natural teeth?

When my mum got her implant the dentist really tried hard to get her to go mega-White, and then have her other teeth veneered to match it. In her 60s she didn’t want a Hollywood smile, just to look natural. So I would say be guided by the dentist, but don’t be talked into anything you are not comfortable with.

B1 is the whitest naturally occurring shade. The most common naturally occurring one in the UK is A3, apparently. Attached is a picture which shows the shades arranged from lightest (B1) to darkest (C4) from the Vita Shade Guide, which is probably the one you're referring to.

The order from the lightest to the darkest shade is B1 - A1 - B2 - D2 - A2 - C1 - C2 - D4 - A3 - D3 - B3 - A3.5 - B4 - C3 - A4 - C4. A shades are the most commonly occurring ones in nature, so they tend to be the most commonly suggested choices. But of course, it all depends on your skin tone, age etc.

What did your dentist suggest? A2 would be a common shade for someone with relatively light skin who wants white teeth that don't look fake.

vitashades.jpeg

There are also so-called bleach shades for an even more dazzling Hollywood smile, but those shades really are glowing white.

Thanks,not really gone into detail yet it was jusr mentioned at the end of the last appointment.

Hi,

Could it be just too soon to talk about color?
Is it a front tooth?

Its all teeth so doesn't need to match anything,tbh the colour isn't the main concern.

I am gonna need to pick teeth color too as I am about to get dentures. I am 31 so I will be going thru lots of dentures over the next 30-40 years god willing.

Its all teeth so doesn't need to match anything,tbh the colour isn't the main concern.
So what is the main concern?

Not sure in which stage you are now regarding your implants, but usually first the implants are placed (the part that is in the bone and invisible) and after few months once all is well healed the visible part gets done. So if you haven't had the surgery yet, then the chat about the final color might come yet?

Not sure in which stage you are now regarding your implants, but usually first the implants are placed (the part that is in the bone and invisible) and after few months once all is well healed the visible part gets done. So if you haven't had the surgery yet, then the chat about the final color might come yet?
my op is supposed to be mid may,yeah that's what I've read so a bit confused as to why they said they'll try+do it all at the same time.

Do you think implants/implant-retained dentures would be a major improvement on the current situation if you hate the look of dentures so much? As far as I understand, you don’t want to wear the dentures that were made to look like a model of what the implants would look like, and you’ve not been happy to use them (though I may be mistaken). It sounds as if you’re in two minds about it :(?

Do you think implants/implant-retained dentures would be a major improvement on the current situation if you hate the look of dentures so much? As far as I understand, you don’t want to wear the dentures that were made to look like a model of what the implants would look like, and you’ve not been happy to use them (though I may be mistaken). It sounds as if you’re in two minds about it :(?
I didn't actually ask for the dentures to be made tho,I never said that I'd wear them but he made them anyway (I don't even have them). Obviously I don't want an operation (who does) but things can't stay like this,I hope I'm proved wrong I just don't want to make things worse as I wouldn't be able to get them fixed.

What type of implants are you getting? The single tooth individual kind of implants or the implant supported dentures kind of implants?

What type of implants are you getting? The single tooth individual kind of implants or the implant supported dentures kind of implants?
titanium that's all I know,not dentures.