• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cleaning & loose tooth?

L

Lexie35

Can you go for a dental cleaning if you have a few loose teeth? I'm supposed to go later for a cleaning but unsure how that works since I have a loose tooth. Feeling concerned.

Hi Lexie,

Talk to the hygeniest and let her know your concerns prior to her beginning the cleaning. I’m sure they have ways to avoid causing any further loosening. All will be okay.

Update...

Back from the dentist. It was alright. They did have to numb me so I feel funny. Half my lip to my ear lobe is still numb. I go again next week for more cleaning. Happy it's not as scary for me as I anticipated.

Glad you are taking these first steps. The cleanings it seems needs to be done first before the other things start. You may find you won’t always need numbing as you go through the cleanings. I would think they know how to deal with teeth which are loose or sensitive. Let us know how you get through. You’ve taken the worst parts and started it just going through the door. Hang in and good luck !

Re: Update...

Back from the dentist. It was alright. They did have to numb me so I feel funny. Half my lip to my ear lobe is still numb. I go again next week for more cleaning. Happy it's not as scary for me as I anticipated.

I’m glad all went better than expected. We all tend to think the worst and then feel relief when it goes better than we thought. One step at a time, and you’ll be good to go! :)

Hey, well done and now you have some positive experiences so you won't worry so much :)

Sometimes it's not the tooth that's loose but the gum around it that's not tight enough. I've just been through a couple of deep cleans and my lower wisdom tooth is getting more stable. Good luck and stick with it. x

Back