Wow! That was very in depth! I love the smiley faces!

I really appreciate that you were upfront with me and that you took the time to answer me! My friends don't quite understand why I am afraid of this sort of stuff, but they do their best! It helps to hear from another patient that has experience. It is almost like having a senior mentor! LOL! I probably won't go until July because I am getting ready to leave for college in August, and we have a TON of weddings and other stuff, but it is on my to-do list before I leave.
I would rather not use laughing gas if I can keep from it, because I know myself enough to realize that I will use that as a crutch rather than get over my fear head on. One of my biggest reasons for wanting to not be afraid anymore is because I never want my (future) children to be afraid of getting the healthcare that they need, and I know that I will have to be a role model for them to follow. This will also be true for when I become a teacher (I am going to college to become a special education teacher). I want to be a good role model and be able to help others overcome their fears and face them head on, whether they are afraid of the dentist or anything else.
Again, thank you! Your rock!