• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Community Dental Service?

S

snow white

Hi Brit

I'm not sure this is the right place but I keep hearing about the "Community Dental Service", can you tell me more about this? I'm a severe phobic and need work done but haven't found an NHS dentist in my area (Cornwall)

Hi snow white,
I hope you don't mind me moving your post to a separate thread :). You can find some more information about community dental services here: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/fears/special-needs/

I couldn't find much information on the community dental service in Cornwall on the internet (but only did a quick Google search, so maybe it's hidden somewhere). However, these are their contact details:

Tavistock Clinic
70 Plymouth Rd, Tavistock, PL19 8BX
01822 615935‎

You could give them a call, explain about your phobia, and ask if they deal with adult phobic patients (and if not, what they would suggest you do).

You could also try contacting the Cornwall Partnership NHS trust via the Bodmin Hospital Switchboard on 01208 251 300. They will be able to put you in touch with your local community mental health team, who may know more about what services might be available to you.

If you decide to talk to them, please let us know what they said :).

I take it from your previous posts that going private is not an option for you?

I hope you'll get some leads - if not, let us know as well!

Best of luck :grouphug:

Thank you for your help. I am unable to work due to health problems but do not claim benefits therefore I cannot afford private treatment . We "get by" on my husbands wage but in these times it doesn't go far!!:redface:

Back