• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Compassionate, gentle dentist for phobic person

M

Michelle63

Hello, I am new to this site, but not new to phobias regarding dentists.

Currently, I have been having pain in my upper right molar, taking pain medication. My last visit to a dentist office was six years ago. I'm sure there is plenty of dental work...I hate needles.

Is there any one out there who can recommend a dentist who deals specifically with patients who are phobic? I need a dentist who is compassionate, gentle, good bed side manner. I live in the San Fernando Valley (Encino, CA).

I appreciate any advice.

God Bless

Michelle63

Last edited:
Hi.........best way to find someone is to ask freinds who they go to and if they are happy, then email a few to see what kind of reponse you get, contact a few. Then drive round the ones who give the best reponses and go into the surgerys just to look around, maybe ask the receptionist a few questions. When you have narrowed it down, make an appointment to just talk to the dentist, no treatment, and see if you take to them, you have waited this long, another couple of weeks sorting out the right one will make no real difference. Good luck, I hope you get sorted and find one really quickly x

What penny said is probably the best way to go and welcome to the board;)

-mikey

Back