• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Composite filling is dull in color, dentist said it would not look like my enamel teeth.

C

[email protected]

Composite filling is dull in color, dentist said it would not look like my enamel teeth.

I watched on you tube and the filling they used looked shiny, mine does not , it is flat and dull in color. What should I do, it is a front tooth and it really looks bad.

Re: Composite filling is dull in color, dentist said it would not look like my enamel teeth.

It sounds like either the shade of material they used was wrong or they didn't take the time to polish it correctly (or both). Composite fillings can be made to look very similar to your enamel. They aren't always perfect but in most cases they can be very close (including that nice shiny look that your enamel has). I'd take your concerns to the dentist and if he or she isn't willing to fix it then it is time to find a new dentist.

Re: Composite filling is dull in color, dentist said it would not look like my enamel teeth.

It sounds like either the shade of material they used was wrong or they didn't take the time to polish it correctly (or both). Composite fillings can be made to look very similar to your enamel. They aren't always perfect but in most cases they can be very close (including that nice shiny look that your enamel has). I'd take your concerns to the dentist and if he or she isn't willing to fix it then it is time to find a new dentist.

Right and also might have used a composite that just doesn't polish as well too.

Back