• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Composite filling question

  • Thread starter Thread starter jh293
  • Start date Start date
J

jh293

Junior member
Joined
Dec 28, 2009
Messages
3
Hi all,

I recently had a composite filling (on Tuesday) and had a question relating to it. It doesn't hurt as such, but when I grind the tooth with others it feels slightly sensitive.

I was wondering if was to be expected with a composite filling and will go away after a few more days?


Thanks,
Jon
 
Yes I had the same experience and the sensitivity went after 2-3 weeks
 
Hi Jon,

I could be that it will settle down. However, it might be that the "bite" on this filling needs adjusting. This would involve grinding a faction of the top of the filling. No injections are needed and it would take a few minutes and then the tooth should settle rapidly.
So, if it does not settle over the weekend, get it checked.
Hope this helps

Lincoln
 
Back
Top