• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Conscious sedation

S

Susan Horsley

Just before lockdown in the UK I’d agreed with my dentist that I’d have sedation for dental work above a filling. I’m slightly concerned about how Covid 19 will affect this. Do you think sedation will still be available?

Honestly, I have no idea how dentistry will continue in any normal fashion until we get a vaccine or unless patients have a positive antibody test for the virus.

I don't think sedation will be particularly affected in the big scheme of things, but I don't think there will be much routine dentistry being done in the UK at all this year.

Sorry to be so downbeat but having read the latest guidelines, I think it's going to be a long road back.

Honestly, I have no idea how dentistry will continue in any normal fashion until we get a vaccine or unless patients have a positive antibody test for the virus.

I don't think sedation will be particularly affected in the big scheme of things, but I don't think there will be much routine dentistry being done in the UK at all this year.

Sorry to be so downbeat but having read the latest guidelines, I think it's going to be a long road back.

As long as I can be seen if I’m in pain all the rest can wait. I’m happy to say I have relatively good teeth, there is on 2 with small fillings in them.

Back