• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Constant dull ache near upper left teeth

A

Ambrose

Hi, I have a constant dull nerve pain / ache at the upper left side of my mouth. They will not go away unless I take painkillers. The exact location is had to point out but it feels like its near the root of the 14th and 15th teeth(Upper molars).

Sometimes, my left cheekbone will feel sore too. I previously had a tooth extraction via surgery of tooth 13 2 weeks ago, the healing went normal, but im not sure if this is also part of the cause

The pain would be worst around evening/night time, and when I had just woke up. I also feel like my nerves are tight.

I visited my dentist just now and had a x ray. But nothing was spotted that is out of the ordinary. The dentist mentioned it might be due to upper left wisdom tooth, which I also believe so. Or is it something else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Could you be grinding your teeth when you are asleep or clenching your jaw? Mine hurt because of this. I got a mouth guard from the dentist but the cat ran off with it o_O

im having literally the EXACT same issue,the only exception being ive had no previous work on that side on any tooth,this just started happening like a month ago to my molar,only explanation ive gotten is teeth grinding/anxiety

Could you be grinding your teeth when you are asleep or clenching your jaw? Mine hurt because of this. I got a mouth guard from the dentist but the cat ran off with it o_O

What is up with animals taking off with our bite guards! My dog has stolen every single one so far--I think about 10 or so (OTC ones thank goodness!). Now and then they turn up in odd places.

I've got the same problem, in the same area, for 8 months now. Have had a tooth extraction, root canal, root planing, bite adjustment, antibiotics, etc.., etc...wish I had some answers!

Wow, seems like im not the only one experiencing this, hopefully, we can get an answer soon! I do believe it has something to do with the nerve being damaged or bruised, but I might be wrong...

Or, it might just be an evil cat that is secretly hurting us when we are sleeping :scared:

Back