• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Constant throbbing toothache

S

SoreTooth83

I'm not sure what to do...
Early April I had a really bad toothache, turns out it was an infection (I think I was given antibiotics) and the tooth was dead.
When I first went to the dentist it was prepped for a root canal and whatever was causing the infection was removied. Felt a lot better after that, I have since had another 2 appointments the root treatment isn't finished yet.
The last appointment was Friday, so 2 days ago, about 24 hours after the appointment (not sure exactly what was done but there is still a temp filling in) I started getting the same horrible constant throbbing toothache only this time the tooth isn't sensitive to heat or cold like last, same thing helps ease the pain too- putting an icepack on the side of my mouth and wrapping a bandage tightly around to hold and compress the ice pack there, also I think it's the tooth that has been worked on which is hurting(it's the 2nd last molar on the bottom R side but the last one hurts to touch too)

I'm going to call the dentist, the amount of pain killers I'm going through is too much. What should I expect and what could be going on, the tooth isn't getting infected again is it? I'm scared I'll go and be yelled at b/c something has gone wrong... :( :(

The original abscess is flaring up again, or else the tooth is cracked. Either way, it's not your fault. Go back to the dentist as soon as you can.

Back