• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cork city Ireland - gentle caring dentist needed

W

whistler

Hi everyone

I'm Swedish, 33 years old and I'm moving to Ireland in less than a month. We're going to live in Cork city.
I should go to the dentist now but we need to save our money for the move over to Eire.
I'm really nervous about going to the dentist, I had some bad experiences as a child and teenager, and I just can't stand having them causing me pain, the drill is the worst, and all the other things they do that might hurt. I can't trust any dentist, I need to know that they will do everything they can to treat me painlessly and that they care about ME and not just about treating my teeth.

I need to find a nice and caring dentist in Cork city or not too far away from the city centre anyway. I know there are not so many Irish here, but PLEASE if you know of any, pm me (or leave a post in this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a healozone dentist maybe?

[broken link removed]

I sometimes relocate internationally and have found a good method is to look at websites; or failing that go to a dentist offering Healozone (there are 3 listed on the above link for Cork) as they tend to be of the gentle phobic-friendly type which is why they offer it in the first place....you don't have to use the healozone option if you have any doubts about it, but it is indicative of the dentist's attitude and approach more than anything else...at least in my experience.....good luck with the move.

UK dentists (don't know about Eire) tend to be very proactive about reaching for the anaesthesia so you probably don't have anything much to worry about anyway.

Brit, thank you so very much for this advice. Really, I've read about this before on some other website but just simply ignored it. In the lack of finding specific dental surgery websites, I thought I could maybe just e-mail some Cork city dentists and ask them for advice, maybe they will know. I do believe that most dentists actually want to help so they should know where to go. However, one of the dentists that I found in Cork city and that I thought I could e-mail, was one of these ozone dentists!! So maybe I'll try that.

If you don't mind driving a hour and a half west, then my dentist in West Cork is truly lovely........he is also a oral surgeon at Cork University Hospital, his name is Seamus I am sure that I have left a post on here singing his praises :jump: