• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Craze lines ->crowns...do I have to?

B

Bphillips

So I dove into a pool and hit my face off the bottom. I have a severe concussion but I am more concerned about my teeth! My dentist took a look and said there are 6 (left tooth) and 8 (right tooth) horizontal and vertical craze lines on the incisors. She told me I needed crowns on both front teeth. When illuminated, both teeth fully light up but you can see the craze lines clearly. Are crowns my only option? What can I do to help repair this? Please help. I don’t want to lose my teeth...

It's really hard to say without seeing you, so it would be guesswork from here, sorry.

Big impacts to teeth can kill off the nerves too, has the dentist checked that the nerves are still alive?

Yes, she checked, and the nerves are still alive and she said the roots are in good condition. I would have attached a picture but my camera could not get a good photo. I am dreading going back to see her. My insurance would cover mostly everything but my anxiety for the procedure (even just going to the dentist) is really so high. Thanks for getting back to me.

Crowns aren't really any worse for the patient than fillings, they take a little bit longer to do and there's impressions and stuff but the dentistry is pretty similar. If that helps any!

Back