• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crippling anxiety

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amiller1322
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    ptsd
Amiller1322

Amiller1322

Junior member
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
2
Location
Yuba City
Is it possible to be completely sedated while having complex procedures performed? When I had my wisdom teeth extracted I was put under. I feel like this would be the only possible way to actually go through with any treatment. I know it sounds crazy but I suffer from severe PTSD and am currently receiving clinical therapy. I have anxiety and depression beyond my control. I need help with this please
 
Yes it's perfectly possible.
 
Not a dentist, but let me offer you this:

You are demonstrating considerable courage.

You appear to be doing everything right.
 
Amiller1322, this doesn't sound crazy at all, on the contrary - you are really brave as you are looking at options how to get through the treatment, so give yourself a pat on the back for that. Glad you are getting therapy and hope you get a bit better soon. I can't even imagine what you must be dealing with. By the way, there are many people around who wouldn't be able to get their treatment without sedation, so you are in a good company here.
 
Back
Top