H
Hollisyn1010
Junior member
- Joined
- May 3, 2010
- Messages
- 6
In the last couple of months I had a root canal on a top molar with the permanent crown being placed on about a month ago. I also had a filling done in the tooth right next to the new crown. The problem is whenever I eat something that requires a fair amount of chewing that whole top side of my mouth feels sore and irritated. I wouldn't call what I am feeling a toothache just really sore and uncomfortable. This area doesn't hurt with touch or cold/hot, or anything like that. I can clench my teeth together with no problem. My bite doesn't seem off, but who knows? I can't figure out what's going on. I thought maybe I just had to get used to the crown but now, after a month, I am starting to worry that something else may be going on. I worry that maybe the root canal is failing or that the tooth that was filled will need a root canal. The only other time besides eating that I get this feeling is upon waking up. I wake up with this same feeling and then usually withing 10 minutes or so it goes away, only to come back when eating.
Any ideas on what this is or what might be causing this soreness and irritation? I have had a lot of work done in the past few months and I am just worried this is going to need even more extensive work to get it fixed. Thanks for your help!
Any ideas on what this is or what might be causing this soreness and irritation? I have had a lot of work done in the past few months and I am just worried this is going to need even more extensive work to get it fixed. Thanks for your help!