• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown needed what should I expect

B

binks

Just found out this morning I need my rc tooth crowned can somebody tell me what to expect as never had one? Thanks :)

Hey B. :) I am glad to see you are still able to save the tooth and not have it pulled. I have had one tooth crowned and honestly I am a HUGE baby but it was actually okay. All that they do really is apply pressure when putting the crown on. I never felt discomfort. Just slight pressure and then he said he was done. :) It's not all that bad.

Hey B. :) I am glad to see you are still able to save the tooth and not have it pulled. I have had one tooth crowned and honestly I am a HUGE baby but it was actually okay. All that they do really is apply pressure when putting the crown on. I never felt discomfort. Just slight pressure and then he said he was done. :) It's not all that bad.

That's doesn't sound too bad! What about the preperation of the tooth before hand how did you find that? Thanks

Hi and dont worry im a hugr chicken going to the dentist too lol. But anyway for a crown they usually take impressions n give u a temporary crown. Then when the real permanent crown is made theyll call u n get u in for your permanent one. Ive had expierience. So good luck to u!

Hi Binks

Ive very recently had a "Coronation" as my friends put it ?

It it was done over 2 appointments, the first one needed numbing simply because the procedure requires working down to the gum line, it involves shaping the tooth to take the crown and I had a post fitted at the same time then a temporary crown fitted, this first appointment took just over an hour and was pretty comfortable as my dentist has a really comfy chair ?, there's quite a lot of "machining" involved so I'd advise taking a fully charged iPod with a long playlist ? It was totally painless. They will also take impressions of the teeth so that they can get the permanent crown made

The second appointment took 20 minutes maximum and involved taking off the temporary crown, checking the fit of the permanent one, adjusting the bite and fixing it in place, there was no numbing required and a week later it looks and feels totally amazing.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.

Kind Regards

Back